Eesha, Week 10: "Overlooked," A Drama

Overlooked

Pinterest

  

 Countless things that surround us in our daily lives have an influence on us. Our families, home life, school, social media, etc. One of the things that influence us, whether we notice it or not, are tv shows. Throughout the nation, people all over the world watch tv shows selected to their liking. But as we connect cornea to screen we become encapsulated and unconsciously immersed into the lives and charisma of the characters, living vicariously through them. 


    But when we turn the tv off, our life of drama and adventure die as our characters fade away and reveal an empty screen, right? Wrong. 


    Our vicarious living actually lives on, through a newfound persona, and character. This facade is unconscious and remarkably resembles the personalities we see in our tv shows. These adaptations are dynamic and dependent upon the show you are currently watching. This also applies to movies, plays, and musicals, humans tend to latch onto a character of interest, and observe their characteristics. While watching a film, we can all agree that there is always one person that catches our attention and inspires us. This inspiration and fascination with the character is satisfied as soon as we step away from our couches, and go about our day. You may find yourself saying the same catch phrases, or even the same corny jokes of one your favorite tv roles in your everyday conversations. 


    This ultimately goes to show that the characters we gradually become entranced with hold a greater power than we can comprehend. Through periodically dictating our actions and stimulating our dispositions, the films we watch carry an overlooked influence on our lives. 


Comments

  1. Hello Eesha,
    I was amazed by the spectacular insight you provided regarding how the TV characters we watch effect us in a "greater power" than most people realize. I recently rewatched the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, and had the feeling of the "adventure [dying]" once I completed it. However, your explanation of this feeling prompted me to ruminate about the deeper effect this story line has had on me. I realized your assessment of this situation is accurate as I found myself making connections to my life with the characters on the show. I viewed the parting of Hiccup (the protagonist) and his dragon (Toothless) in the final part as resemblance to me moving away to college after high school and saying goodbye to my mother. Overall, I was fascinated by your interesting take on something that I can relate to. To improve your blog I would go more in depth into your topic of discussion, like discuss the intricacies of human psychology relating to this matter, and perchance include evidence regarding it. But in its entirety I really enjoyed your blog and after reading it I remember uttering to myself what a "wow" your linguistically masterpiece is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eesha! Your blog perfectly highlights the pervasive influence of television shows on our daily lives, a phenomenon many of us may not fully recognize. I can relate to your experience, as I have also found myself unknowingly adopting phrases and mannerisms from my favorite characters in the show Suits. It is remarkable how seamlessly these fictional personas integrate into our own identities, subtly shaping our behavior and language. Also, your observation that this influence extends beyond television to encompass movies, plays, and musicals is very accurate. The characters we encounter on screen often become more than just entertainment; they serve as sources of inspiration and fascination that influence us for long periods of time. Your analysis of the influence of television in our lives prompts us to consider the impact of storytelling on our perceptions and interactions, highlighting the power of media to shape our identities in ways we may not always recognize.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Julia, Week 12 - I Don't Have Time to Make a Creative Title

Mritsa Week 12: The Power of Social Media

Mritsa Week 14: Lake Tahoe